VIRTUAL PROGRAM INFO
NOW ENROLLING for Fall 2021 classes. Sign-up here to reserve your spot and receive more information before classes begin. NOW OFFERING A TRIAL CLASS FOR NEW STUDENTS!
HOW TO DANCE WITH US AT HOME
We are so looking forward to dancing with you from home!
Here are some steps to get you started and dancing safely.
GET YOURSELF DANCE READY!
- Get your dance uniform/hair ready. Wearing your uniform/tying your hair up will help get you in the right frame of mind for lessons.
- Some classes might require a yoga mat or towel. Others, a small prop. You will hear from your teacher if this is the case.
- Jazz and ballet students – please use the back of a chair or window sill for a barre.
- Clear a safe dance space! With help/permission from your guardian, remove any items that could break, be kicked or tripped on, like toys, cords and floor rugs (as for permission and help if you need to move any furniture).
- Remember, if you are dancing on a hard floor, be careful not to slip – remove socks if it’s too slippery.
- Find a good spot for your computer or device set-up so you can see us hands-free, but so the teacher can see you in full view (including your feet).
- If you don’t have enough space to execute a certain move, “mark” the move to be sure you don’t injure yourself.
Ready to dance? Here's how to set up "Zoom" in 4 steps!
Yay! You're almost ready to dance!
Please also follow our internet safety & class tips guide below to ensure we can all have a safe and fun experience on Zoom.
• Follow family rules, and those set by the internet service provider
• Never enter a live class or chat without permission + guidance from your guardian
• Do not screen shot or share any images or videos from the lesson, of your teacher or other students without permission from LFSD/the lesson teacher+ student in image/video
• Never share your videos or photos without your parents permission
• Be kind to others, online bullying will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to ban any person engaging in online bullying.
• Never reveal personal information, such as address, phone number, school or location to others online, especially strangers.
• Always tell a parent or trusted adult about any communication that was scary or hurtful.
• Never agree to get together in person with anyone met online without parent approval and/or supervision (especially during lock down!)
Teachers have been instructed to have ZOOM settings set specifically to protect our children. Disabled features include:
• Students will not be able to chat privately during a session.
• “Share screen,” only instructors will be able to share a screen.
• Locked lesson, once the lesson has begun lessons may be locked. So please be on time for your lesson.
IN CLASS FAQ
Your teacher will guide you through this during lessons, so don’t worry if this is all too much to read .
Q) Why am I muted?
A) Once the lesson is ready to begin and we have greeted you, – Teachers will have to “mute” you for the music to be heard clearly. When you are on mute, we can not hear you.
Teachers can control when to mute/unmute you. If you have a question, you can type it into the chat area or wave your hand in front of the camera (your teacher may have another signal you can use). LFSD can un mute you for you to ask the question. You may be able to hold down the space bar to temporarily speak to your teacher too.
Q) Why can’t I hear the music?/ why is the picture blurry?
A) There could be slight delays with music and
voice depending on the internet connection. We have found if you hook your device up to the internet directly with an “Ethernet cable” you should receive a stronger signal.
- Set to “Gallery view” instead of “Speaker view” (top right) “speaker view” will highlight whoever is speaking/making noise, therefore it jumps around).
- Click the top right corner of the person’s screen to “spotlight/pin” the screen you wish to be the largest.